POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : isosurfaced islands and shoreline problem [~44KB Jpg] : Re: isosurfaced islands and shoreline problem (comparison) [~40KB Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurfaced islands and shoreline problem (comparison) [~40KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 7 Jun 2000 15:00:13
Message: <393e9bbd@news.povray.org>
On further checking I didn't get anywhere with this apparent "bug", which
shows when the water box is set amid the isosurface.  Only thing needed to see
the defect (can't be certain it is though) is to have a pigment with filter or
transmit for the water.  It's not caused by any other texturing such as
normals and finishes in either the water or island parts.
This pair of attached renders makes it very clear to see.  The top is without
the water to show the unbroken isosurface.  Bottom image has a filtered
pigment "water" and a normal and finish, but it still does this without like
I've said.

"Bob Hughes" <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote in message
| a thin line running along the edge where islands and
| water meet.  The water is a box extending below the island isosurface
extent.
| The upper surface (being the water) is very slightly above 0*y

Whether the surface is at 0*y or above or below makes no difference.

Bob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'isobug1.jpg' (28 KB)